January 28, 2012

Daily Drawing Agreement

A few months back, I was asked by a friend to take part in something called the Daily Drawing Agreement, along with a small handful of other artists.  The point was to give up something that wastes our time (social media, TV watching, etc) and instead draw - or paint or just be creative on paper - for 30 days.  I wanted to share some favorites from my 30 days:


Day 1


Day 2
  


Day 8


Day 13




Day 17


Day 18

Day 26


As you can see, some of the drawings I liked enough to incorporate into the design of this blog.  

It felt good to close my laptop and grab a sketchpad and pen instead.  I have to try to remember how that felt, to motivate me to keep drawing every day.  It was challenging to find time to draw everyday, especially when I was working 14-hour days, of which I had a few during the 30.  I found myself scribbling away in the near-dark, under the light of my headlamp while I was A2 backstage at a theatre (Day 8).  I felt like a kid again.  I used to never go anywhere without my sketchbook, adding intricate shading and crosshatching to a tree trunk while riding the bus to school...stepping off with the side of my hand completely silver from dragging it across the pencil-filled pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment