June 30, 2010

Earring Rehab


Found a couple of pretty neat earrings, though not neat enough.  So here goes earring rehab...


Plain silver dome clip-ons get laced:
   
I didn't realize what I was getting myself into, as the process of applying and sealing the lace was painstaking.  But I'm really happy with the way they turned out, so it was worth it.






Distant birds soaring over a calm ocean?  Frolicking disembodied blonde mustaches?
Either way, these hand-painted asymmetrical post earrings are the perfect summer color combo.











I didn't care for the garrish yellow gold of these feather clip-ons, but look how beautiful of a design they are!


           
From gaudy to classy...
With some "tarnishing", they now have some depth and dimension to them and still sparkle when they catch the light.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed with your stuff! I'll check out your etsy shop!
    Emily
    http://stylishdistractions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Looking at your blog...you have a great sense of style. I have serious glove envy. I don't just want, I NEED those vintage yellow gloves!

    ReplyDelete